Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well I know I said this last year but, this has been the best Christmas we have ever had! It all started on Christmas Eve. We went to Mimi and Pops' house to have lunch, open presents and to attend the Christmas Eve service at AFUMC. We had yummy spaghetti for lunch which is one of Daniel's favorite foods! Then Logan and Daniel opened their gifts from Mimi and Pops! These boys received so many great things! They got the boys a wagon, a tool bag, a couple of cars, a fire truck, some clothes, ornaments and books. (I probably forgot something)





 We went to church and then back to Mimi and Pop's house to let the boys play more.

 On Christmas morning, Daniel gave mommy and daddy a very special present. he slept until about 7:15! Usually he is up at 6:30 so we were very thankful. We When Daniel woke up, Brian went and got Daniel up and I turned all the Christmas lights on. We let Daniel walk into the living room from his room to see what Santa brought him. He of course ran to a toy that was not from Santa...

Here is what Santa brought
 
Daniel got a few DVD's, coloring books, a laptop, a Cozy Coupe car, a climbing slide, a big dump truck, and much more! He must have been good this year!
He LOVES Veggie Tales!
 
 


After opening presents I made breakfast, Daniel took a short nap and then we headed over to Mia and Poppy's house. If you think Daniel has not received enough presents just wait! When we got to their house Daniel was ready for a nap so we laid him down. When everyone arrived we ate lunch and then opened presents. We did something new this year for the adults, a white elephant gift exchange. It was so much fun, I think it is going to be a new tradition. We also realized something at this point...It was going to be a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!


It was then time for the kids to open their gifts... Baby Rachel was so excited to open her gifts that she fell asleep and Daniel was fussy because he has been teething and was tired! You can imagine how many gifts they actually opened on their own! lol









Rachel and John! What a proud daddy!

 After all of this we headed home and put Daniel down for a nap. I had planned on having people over for dessert and coffee but due to the weather and the icey roads Georgia has anytime it snows, most people did not get to make it. Mia, Poppy and Aunt Lisa came for a short time and decided to leave before dark after sliding in my driveway and hitting the mailbox lol! Our wonderful friends and neighbors walked over to hang out. I pray that next year it works out because I would really like it to be a new tradition!

Today we went to Memaw and Pete's house to celebrate with everyone. It was wonderful to have Uncle John and my cousins, Elizabeth and Rebecca here from Texas and Colorado. It had been at least 3 years since we have seen them so they had not met Daniel.
Dad and baby Alice

Lily
Rebecca, Elizabeth, Daniel, Dad and Alice

Rebecca
Elizabeth and Daniel
Me and baby Alice!


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I know we did!



No comments:

Post a Comment