Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 13, 2009

30 Weeks! Three Quarters of the way there!

How Far Along? I am 30 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss? 18 pounds down 2 pounds
Maternity clothes? I am fitting into ones that I have always thought would be too big. I guess I didn't realize how big I was going to get.
Sleep? I am sleeping ok. Still really uncomfortable and I am sure it will only get worse. I have been sleeping in longer strides. That is nice.
Best moment this week? Getting Daniel's ultrasound and seeing his chubby little cheek. I get so excited to see him on the ultrasound, I can't imagine how I will be when I finally get to see him in person!
Movement? He is still moving a lot. He reacts to outside noises pretty frequently now. He has gotten so big that when he changes positions I can see his every move. It is awesome and a little freaky at the same time.
Food Cravings? I am craving sweets a lot more. Anything chocolate.
What I miss? Nothing :)
What I am looking forward to? The baby showers this weekend! We have one on Saturday and another on Sunday. I can't wait to see what Daniel gets!
Milestones? The brain will start to develop convolutions. A convoluted brain contains more cells - and is thus more powerful than a brain with a flat surface. Nerve cell transmission will begin to speed up with the aid of myelin, also known as myelinization. Myelin is a fatty substance which coats the outside of the nerve cells and helps to improve the efficiency of nerve messages being sent to and from your baby's brain.
Other notes? I think I have started the nesting phase. It is hard to relax. All I can think about is getting everything ready for Daniel. My belly button is not protruding yet. My belly is getting really hard now, I think he is running out of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment