Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 6, 2009

29 Weeks!

How Far Along? I am 29 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss? 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? I am getting tired of wearing the same things!
Sleep? I have been sleeping ok. It is harder to go to sleep because I cannot get comfortable. I have the restless legs thing going on.
Best moment this week? Definitely getting Daniel's room closer to being complete. All I really need now is the letters (his name) for the wall and the changing table. That will complete the furniture. I bought a bottle of Dreft so I can start washing all of his stuff.
Movement? He moves a lot. He really liked the fireworks, or maybe he did not like them??? Either way he was moving and kicking non-stop. I have started doing my kick counts. You are supposed to count at least 10 in an hour. The longest it has taken him to get to 10 is 9 minutes!!! Most of the time it is like 2 or 3 minutes.
Food Cravings? I am craving pizza today. Not really craving anything out of the ordinary.
What I miss? I am starting to miss wearing regular clothes.
What I am looking forward to? Our Ultrasound on Wednesday and our first Lamaze class on Wednesday night!!!
Milestones? Your baby's permanent teeth have developed and are waiting in his gums. Your baby is very aware of his surroundings and his eyelids will open and close. He will even look around and turn toward light. We tend to think of the uterus as a dark place but the uterus actually can be light and dark depending on your environment. Your baby weighs almost three pounds now and is approximately 15.5 inches long. You may be able to distinguish sleeping and waking cycles in your baby. Although it usually seems as if the baby wants to sleep while you are awake, and vice versa, this is not indicative of a sleepless newborn. Your baby can not only hear your voice, but can recognize it. Also, he has a grip so strong it is capable of gripping your finger. At this point, your baby may be practicing nursing as he sucks his thumb. He has lungs that are capable of breathing air, although medical help may be needed. About 9 out of 10 babies born now will survive.
Other notes? It is really hitting that I am having a baby. I know that sounds crazy, but looking at his crib now is making it more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment