Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bye Bye, Baby Food!

Today marks one week since Daniel has had baby food! He has been a pig and really adjusted well. My biggest concern with this whole transition is making sure he is getting all the nutrients he needs. I have not really had to worry too much about this with the baby food just feed him meat, veggies and fruits. Now I have to plan and cook his meals. One obstacle we are facing is that he does not like whole milk or rice milk by itself. He will not drink anything but water out of his sippy cup. We are going to try the EnfaGrow formula for toddlers and see how that goes. Pray he will drink it out of a cup so we can ditch this bottle! We are down to one 8 ounce bottle at night time and he gets most of his Calcuim, Zinc and Vitamin D from yogurt and cheese, which he loves. Here are a few things he likes...

  • Cereal Bars
  • Yogurt (any kind)
  • Vita-Muffins
  • Cheese
  • Macaroni and Cheese with Ground Chicken
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • Green Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Turkey Sandwich Meat
  • Bread
  • Peaches
  • Bananas

Okay, so now that I have listed these, I realize he likes quite a bit of healthy food...maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the nutrients part...


No comments:

Post a Comment