This morning we had Daniel's 12 month check up with Mrs. Debbie. We talked to her about moving to strictly solid foods, alternatives to whole milk, why they have added the Hepatitis A vaccine into the routine shot schedule and discipline. I love that I feel I can always ask her questions and she takes the time to answer them. Here are some key points from his appointment.
- He weighed 18 pounds on the nose.
- He is 28 inches long.
- He has hit all the milestones for this age.
- We are going to try Rice Milk.
- He is ready to stop the baby food so we are going to do more big boy food.
- We agreed to test peanut butter on his cheek and tongue before giving him large amounts. She said give it 6 hours. Maybe he can have peanut butter tomorrow!
- She suggested a couple of parenting/discipline books so we stopped on the way home and bought "The New Dare to Discipline" by Dr. James Dobson We are also going to buy the "The Well-Behaved Child: Discipline that Really Works!" by John Rosemond, they just did not have it today.
- He got 5 shots today, which is by far the most he has every received at once.
I guess that is about everything. He cried for a minute while getting the shots but has been fine ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment