This Thanksgiving things did not go as planned...the original plan was to go to my grandparent's house for lunch and then to head over to Chris and Jessica's to watch the Saints game and have Thanksgiving dinner. On Monday Daniel started acting like he did not feel well. I associated it with teething and gave him Motrin. Well, on Tuesday he was really not feeling well. I could not get him to sleep or quit crying. We decided it was time to go to PAMPA Pediatrics to get checked. I called my mom and asked her to go with me (since she was off work for Thanksgiving). We saw Ms. Debbie and came to the conclusion that Daniel had Croup. She informed us that he did not need to be around any babies or other high risk people. Well, that meant we could not go to my grandparents house or to Jessica and Chris's house. We decided we would just cook at home and be lazy. Daniel continued to not feel good and wanted me to hold him ALL the time. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful to be able to do it. At the same time though it was exhausting and I was starting to not feel well. Mimi sent me an email Wednesday afternoon asking if we wanted to come over and spend the night and celebrate Thanksgiving with them. Chris and Jess were going somewhere else for the first part anyways. I was so happy! I think I forgot to mention Daniel had been awake for the morning at 4am since he had been sick. Mimi offered to get up with Daniel and let me sleep! It was wonderful! So Thanksgiving went on, we had awesome food and wonderful family time. After that we headed home. Shortly after getting home I went to my mom's to spend the night so we could go shopping for Black Friday! We shopped from 12am - 5am! I was, sick exhausted and stood out in the rain to get into Target...it was crazy but it was so much fun. My sweet husband kept Daniel and took him to work with him on Friday morning. Then Brian and Daniel came over to my parents and spent some time with them since we did not get to see them on Thanksgiving day. My parents watched Daniel and let Brian and I take a nap!
I am so grateful for wonderful family! I am not sure what we would do without them!  |
No comments:
Post a Comment