Whoever said time starts to go by faster once your child hits a year old was so right! 14 months?!? That just sounds so big! I know he will always grow and get older but when it is your kid it is just unbelievable how it happens so quickly! He is really a "walker" now! He walks about half the time and crawls the other half. I had this idea in my head that once he figured out how to walk he would just take off...boy was I wrong. It has taken him 2 months! He is the most careful child I have ever been around. If he can hold onto something when he is walking he will. For instance, he keeps a hand on the wall when walking down the hall and uses the cabinets when walking around the kitchen. He has perfect balance and can squat and stand multiple times but still feels the need to hold on. Hopefully this carefulness will extend into his teenage years!
- This month he has started walking and talking so much more!
- He has also learned how to fake cough and laugh! It is hilarious. My friend Alycia told me today that he sounded like he was "quacking" when he does it! HAHA It is just fun to see him try and interact with other and have conversations.
- He likes to be a big boy and laugh at things when other people laugh.
- He has really gotten into the Veggie Tales and 321 Penguins episodes this month.
- He will sit still and watch a full episode or more if I let him.
- He loves playing with puzzles now and can (kind of) put the pieces back where they go.
- He claps when he thinks he has done a good job! Like for instance, when he puts a puzzle piece where he thinks it goes or when he takes it out. It is so cute and he is so proud of himself.
- He now takes a VERY LONG time to eat. It can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for him to eat a meal. He does eat a lot but he likes to look at his food and pick out what he wants at each bite. He is also realizing when he is thirsty more often and drinking water between every few bites.
 |
| Watching TV very intently! |
I am so thankful God has blessed us with our little boy! Life truly does not begin until you have kids. I love my husband, Brian and am thankful that he is such a great dad. He is just as proud of Daniel as I am and if he had the time he would probably write about him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment