Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

7 Weeks














How Old?
7 weeks 1 day
Weight? 8lbs 13oz at last check. I am guessing about 9.5lbs now. We will find out tomorrow.
Clothing? He is out of preemie and filling out the newborns pretty well. He has worn a couple of the smaller 0-3 months but will probably not be in them fully for another 2 weeks or so. He is also growing out of the newborn diapers. Size 1's here we come!
Sleep? He has been sleeping 5-6 hours at a time during the night, although last night he slept from 8:30 - 3:30! 7 hours! I got up and checked to make sure he was still breathing.
Best moment this week?
Starting him on Zantac and seeing how much it helped him...he is so much happier now.
Sounds? He is cooing and talking back sometimes when I am talking to him.
Eating? He is still a pig...eating 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours during the day. I guess he has to make up for sleeping so long at night.
What I am looking forward to? Taking him to the doctor tomorrow to check out his ears (he has been rubbing them) and a rash on his face. I am also excited to see how much he weighs!
Milestones? Reaching out, Your baby's hands should be mostly open now — ready to reach out to the world. Learning begins now...You may notice short periods of time when your newborn is quiet and alert. This is prime time for learning: Your baby's brain will grow about 5 centimeters during his first three months! Use these calm intervals to get better acquainted with your baby — talk to him, sing to him, describe the pictures on the walls. He may not be able to add to your conversation just yet, but he's learning nonetheless. New textures for his hands to feel and new sights and sounds (all in moderation) are all learning opportunities. Even bath time becomes a laboratory for understanding life. Eyes can track objects, With both eyes now able to follow things consistently and well, your baby can track a moving object much better, something he may have been able to do for only brief periods since birth.
Other notes? He is an awesome little man. I love holding him and just talking to him like he knows what I am saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment