Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Good News!
Last Thursday I had an ultrasound of the baby and my first appointment. The appointment went great but we were unsure of my due date due to some complications with a ruptured cyst earlier in the month. I could have been 6 weeks or 4 weeks. During the ultrasound they could not see anything. I knew that meant I was probably just 4 weeks along but the ultrasound tech had to follow procedures which meant we had to prove this was a viable pregnancy. Although in the back of my mind I knew we just did not see anything because I was only 4 weeks I still began to worry. To prove the pregnancy is viable they have to check your Quants at least 2 times, which mainly is your HCG and Progesterone levels and do another ultrasound 2 weeks later. My first levels were 760 HCG and my progesterone was perfect. My next levels, which were taken yesterday, were 3281! This is good! HCG is supposed to double every 48 hours in a healthy pregnancy and it did! I am so relieved. I know I really shouldn't have been worried to begin with but it is so hard when it is your baby and when they use terms like, "viable" or non-viable". I am so happy and can't wait for the ultrasound next Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment