Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Has it really been 5 months?

Daniel is 5 months old today!  He is learning something new all the time and growing so fast. He will be sitting up by himself before long. It is just amazing how God created us to grow and learn. I am amazed by how Daniel has learned so much already. When he sees his bottle now he tries to grab it and put it in his mouth. The same with his pacifier. This morning I was folding his clothes and walked out of the room to put them away and he yelled at me as if to say, "where are you going". I talked back and said I will be back in a second and it was almost as if he understood me. He got quiet and started playing again. He also seems to know when we say "do you want to take a bath?"  I love being Daniel's mom, he is the cutest and smartest baby ever! (i might be a little biased)

I am proud to say he has never had a drop of formula no matter how frustrated and tired of pumping I get! That was something I really wanted to do and being an exclusive pumper is hard. You do not get the satisfaction of breastfeeding so the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that BM is best for him. I have said I was going to quit a few times but the next day I am better. Right now my goal is to pump until he is 6 months and then start weaning myself. With the freezer stash I have and how long it will take to completely stop I am thinking it will last until he is 7 - 8 months. Who knows at 6 months I might decide to keep going. : )

The last 5 months have been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment